Monday, August 17, 2015

Hot Season is Comin'





The Nyirende family

Maswela Bwanji!! 

CURRENTLY IN THE EMAIL SHOP THEY ARE PLAYING THE USA STAR SPANGLED BANNER.... WHAT ON EARTH???? I'M IN MALAWI.... NOT AMERICA.

This week flew by as always!!!!! It always blows my mind how fast Monday comes! 

Fun Facts: 
1. Malawians don't really know the difference between "he"and "she" so they switch the two up and it really confuses me half the time. 
2. ONE OF MY INVESTIGATORS WAS LISTENING TO TIM MCGRAW AS WE WERE MAKING LUNCH AND IT WAS THE BIGGEST TENDER MERCY OF MY LIFE. I WAS SO HAPPY. 
3. One of my investigators lectured me because he though my zits were mosquito bites and he got mad at me and told me i need to start sleeping in my mosquito net.... These people are always concerned about my health haha. NO WORRIES FAMILY I SLEEP IN MY MOSQUITO NET EVERY NIGHT. 
4. Malawian restuaraunts always advertise for things that they don't actually have.... so they always get your hopes up that they have milkshakes or something... when they actually don't. 
5. So i've really been praying for the gift of discernment to better understand the needs and concerns of my investigators. And I can actually say that not just me but also my companions have seen a difference. When I truly listen to what an investigator says, the spirit has really helps me realize when they don't completely understand or when they're confused. PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED MY FRIENDS. 
6. We almost got hit by 2 cars this week trying to cross the street... these drivers are crazy. okay... and it was partially my fault as well. I should be more careful. 
7. I've been blessed with an understanding of the Book of Mormon. Did you know that the storyline actually  makes sense??? yeah I've always read it too slow that I could never piece it together. Even when I took the BOM class... kinda sad. But I started it when I left and now i'm over halfway and I love it. I have to force myself to study some other things during personal study!! 

Okay.... so I feel like my emails are starting to become more lame. pepani. 

Let me tell you about some of my favorite investigators/funny stories. 

1. BRENDA PASSED HER BAPTISMAL INTERVIEW. SHE IS GETTING BAPTIZED BY HER HUSBAND ON SUNDAY. CAN YOU SAY TOTES ADORBS???? we are so very much excited for her. she lives sooooo very far away from the church (it's not even an area that missionaries teach in) but her and her husband sacrifice a lot of transport money each week to come to church. They deserve lots of blessings. 

2. The Nyirende Family: okay I'm attaching a picture with a majority of the Nyirende family. These people are my favorite. They made us lunch twice this week!!! We taught them the plan of salvation and 3 of them came to church... so we're slowly getting the whole family to come. After our lesson we were about to say our prayer and Edwin (who is 19) was like.... shouldn't we kneel?? and it just was a good reminder for me about the importance of a kneeling family prayer. And it is just so powerful to be kneeling with a family as they ask their Father in Heaven if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church on the earth today. And then that night they had family scripture study together and discussed 2 Ne 2... We are teaching them again on Wednesday wahooo. 

3. Khumbu/Mendela. They are getting so close to baptism!!! and it is seriously all they want with all their heart. Khumbo's interview will be this sunday and then he will be baptized on the 30th!! Today he asked us to give him pamphlets so that he can give them to his friends.... he is already a missionary and he isn't even baptized yet. but FUNNY STORY: so we were teaching the Law of Chastity.... always fun. and we were talking about how we need to have clean thoughts and Mendela was like "ooooooooh so if I think in my head 'I want to sex her...' then that's bad right?" hahaha just the way he said it. Man I couldn't hold in my laughter. 

Pretty much the work is going soooo good and i'm just soooo happy. and I just loooooovee the Mandala Blantyre area. the best area a girl could ask for. 


OH BREAKING NEWS: 

OUR MISSION SCHEDULE GOT CHANGED.... so now we have comp study in the morning like every other mission in the world and we'll get to stay out later...  but not yet. They are going to move us into a flat that is actually in our area because currently we have to leave the area an hour before we have to be home. So currently we leave at 10 and have to be home at 5:30... so less proseltying time which is sad. But when we move into our area we'll get to stay out until 7:) wahooooo 

NIMA KU KONDA KWAN BILI BANJA LANGA (i love you very much my family) 

Thank you so very much for the prayers and support... it means so much!!! 

Yes, I biff it at the end of this video....

No comments:

Post a Comment